You are Columbia. We are Columbia.
Let us work together.
EventsView All Events
Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 06:00 PM · $30.00 USD · 7 rsvps
Take your career to the next level with speed networking!
Are you currently, or do you aspire to be:
- A writer?
- An actor?
- A producer?
- A director?
- An agent?
- A manager?
- An executive in the entertainment industry?
If you are a WRITER, an ACTOR, a PRODUCER, a DIRECTOR or ASPIRE to succeed in any of these professions, then this event is a must! If you want to advance your career as an AGENT, a MANAGER, an INDUSTRY EXECUTIVE, sign up and join us in Los Angeles!
The West Coast office of Alumni Relations is hosting the 8th Annual CAAN Connect for you to network with industry insiders who can open doors and introduce you to people who can actually move your career forward. The CAAN Connect allows you to meet entertainment industry professionals in a speed networking type setting.
You can sit down 1-on-1 with industry pros who are normally impossible to meet. Pitch your project**. Pitch yourself. LEARN.
All creatives need representation. All scripts need a green-light. All aspiring professionals need an interview. This is your opportunity to move your career forward.
**Some of these professionals will not be able to take project pitches (screenplays, script ideas, etc.) Participants are required to respect these boundaries.
Take a look at some of the professionals* YOU could meet with:
2015 Industry Professionals
- Kyle Heller (BA ‘06), Producer at Varient
- Saraphina Monaco (BA ‘09), Theatrical Agent, Prestige Talent Agency
- Sheryl Tirol (BA ‘00), Marketing & Publicity
- Jonathan Weber (BA ‘03), Manager/Production Coordinator at Key Creatives
- Liz Norman Uhl, Executive VP, Rigberg Entertainment
- Damien McKay, Universal Pictures, Casting
- Glendon Palmer, Sr. Vice President of Development & Production, IM Global
- Amberlee Mucha (BA ’07), Manager of Talent Development at The Studio (formerly Discovery Studios)
- Orion Barnes (BA ’97), Talent Agent
- James Cole ('10), Talent Manager, Primary Wave Entertainment
- Mark Mallorca (BA '05) Development Executive, CASM Films
- Steve Pink ('89), Film Director
- Ayanna Floyd (MFA '98), Co-Executive Producer on EMPIRE
- Jordan Vogt-Roberts (BA '06), Film & TV Director
*More pros will be added and all are subject to change at any time.
Participation in this event requires 3 STEPS:
- Fill in below how many tickets you would like to purchase. You are permitted to bring only one guest.
- Fill out the CAAN Connect application—available after you have registered.
- Attend a REQUIRED "pitch practice" meeting. You will select your preferred date on the application form.
RSVP to secure your spot ASAP! This event is $30 to attend.
PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to register a guest, that guest must be paid for AND meet with each panelist WITH YOU. This event is strictly for Columbia College Chicago alums.
Business attire required.
- 6 - 6:30 p.m.: Cocktail Reception
- 6:45 p.m.: Industry Professional Introductions
- 7 - 9 p.m.: Speed Networking
- 9 - 10 p.m.: Reception
BONUS: What happens after CAAN Connect? CAAN Conversations! Join us for an informal “talk back” with your alumni relations staff, Sarah Schroeder and Cupid Hayes, along with a select group of alumni who are thriving in the entertainment industry. Figure out what’s next.
June 24, 2015
West Coast Alumni Office
Los Angeles, CA 90004